Over time, you may have noticed gaps or slightly crooked teeth that make your smile not quite perfect. Thanks to technological advances in the orthodontic industry, you can take advantage of Invisalign in Belmont, NC, with South Belmont Orthodontics & Oral Surgery.
Invisalign treatment takes the place of traditional metal braces when minor modifications are needed to reach your smile goals. This popular treatment option is very effective, and many patients love it thanks to its very discreet nature. Learn more about how we use this treatment to help our patients develop beautiful, straight teeth.
What Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign in Belmont, NC, uses a series of plastic trays called aligners to straighten out crooked teeth and fix teeth that have begun to spread too far apart or crowd too close together. Every 2 weeks, you’ll move into the next set of aligners in the series, with each set moving you closer to your goal smile. Once you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment, you’ll have a beautiful, straight set of teeth you won’t want to hide!
This orthodontic treatment offers many benefits to the patient. With traditional braces, metal brackets must be affixed to your teeth until your treatment is complete. Throughout the process, you’ll need to visit your orthodontist regularly for wire tightening.
When you wear your Invisalign trays, you may find that most people won’t even notice you have Invisalign. For an easier oral hygiene routine, Invisalign trays can be removed to eat, drink, brush, and floss your teeth. While other treatment options than metal braces may be available, Invisalign makes your treatment process easier and more comfortable.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Our team of professionals at South Belmont Orthodontics & Oral Surgery will begin your treatment by developing a unique Invisalign treatment plan. Your treatment includes the trays you’ll wear and a timetable explaining when to change out trays and which trays to use. While you work through your Invisalign treatment, you must stay on schedule for it to effectively realign your teeth. Skipping a tray or forgetting to move to the next tray may cause discomfort or a longer treatment time. If you remove your tray and don’t put it back in for a few days, you may have to start that portion of your timeline over. Contact your orthodontist if you lose a tray, skip a tray, or forget to move on to the next tray in a reasonable amount of time.
While you can remove your trays for eating, drinking, and oral hygiene purposes, we recommend wearing your trays as much as possible, or for at least 20-22 hours a day.
Why Choose Invisalign?
- Faster treatment: With bi-weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster.
- Proven results: SmartTrack material and SmartForce features are unique to Invisalign and are clinically proven to improve control over tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of issues, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people may not even know you’re going through treatment because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule since the aligners are swapped out at home and you only need to visit our office every 8-12 weeks.
More and more patients are choosing Invisalign every year, regardless of their age. Many prefer the simplicity of a treatment plan that requires fewer trips to the orthodontist and easy alignment.